Tuesday, September 20, 2011

If I Only Had a Brain, or At Least an Eye for Design

Now that it's September, our Fourth of July stars are starting to look a bit passe. I told my kids it was time we made some new front door decorations. Fifi immediately suggested we make a scarecrow and, days later, a scarecrow we made.

I'm not terribly proud of our scarecrow. It's a little too country, not enough rock 'n' roll for me. But that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for my children.

Luckily, he was super easy to make. We used old fabric scraps and an old shirt of my husband's for a hat, head, shirt and pants. Buttons, felt and yarn made a face and brown paper bags joyfully passed through a shredder by the little ones gave us faux straw. The entire thing is held together with fabric glue and packing tape.

And in a couple of months, he'll step aside and make way for something Matisse-inspired, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment