Monday, May 16, 2011

The #1 Best Activity to Do With Your Kids

Separate!

Yes, this weekend, my kids and I did one of our favorite things: we got away from each other for a little while. It's a win-win-win. They love spending time at their grandparents' house; their grandparents love spending time with them; and I love getting a little bit of space from them. For the few days we're away from each other, we all feel good and love life. And then, what makes it even winnier is that when we reunite, we're all refreshed and rejuvenated and ready to reconvene.

During this mini-sabbatical, I met my husband on a quiet deck and enjoyed take-out Indian and a bottle of wine. Before long, we'll back to Mac 'n' Cheese and spilled milk. But for now, I am going to enjoy the peace and quiet and the delightful, but rare, feeling of missing my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment