Friday, March 18, 2011

A Wee Little Blog Post

Do you know the story, "The Wee Little Woman"? It involves a woman of short stature, a small cow, a tiny cat, a diminutive stool and a minuscule bucket. Because children's shoes tend to come in wee little boxes, it seemed a wee little shadow box was the perfect way to expand our story.

I drew the characters and props and the kids colored them, opting for a rather Fauvian palette. We reenacted the story a bunch of times using the itty-bitty paper pieces. But then the kids, sort of wee and little themselves, pursued some live theater. It worked out nicely that there were three animated characters and three of us.

Vance impressed me most of all. Not only did he have mad acting skills which surprised me, but the way a person that young could internalize a story in such a meaningful way, blew my mind. Additionally, how he instinctively exposed his nipples when it was his turn to be milked kind of, well, I don't want to say made me proud, exactly, but it did impress me in some kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment