Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fifi is Julie from "The Love Boat"

There are some days when the kids make my life really easy. Oh, how I love those days. We had another such day back in November, I believe.

This time my life was easy because Fifi more or less planned the whole morning for us. She acted as cruise director and simply delegated a task or two to me. She decided she wanted to play "Pin the Tail on the Donkey." All I had to do was draw a donkey and make a tail. Easy enough.

With the giant drawing pad already out, Fifi asked if I would indulge her in one of her favorite drawing activities: fill in the plate. All I had to do was draw a plate and some silverware. She took care of the rest. I believe it was spaghetti and meatballs with blueberry sauce.



From there, it was "Let's make more food out of something else!" And so, I just had to put the play foam on the table, help squeeze out a utensil or two and sit back and be fed.

Being in charge gets tiring. Sometimes it's hard to come up with enough activities to fill a whole morning or a whole day. Besides, I don't want to be a parent that sets the agenda all the time. Usually we have a balanced give-and-take wherein I make some suggestions and the kids run with them; and they make some suggestions and I happily oblige. But having my kid determine the course of events for an entire morning is a plan I could get used to. As long as I like her choices, of course.

(I've been nominated for another Top Craft Mom Blog [after their original 50] on Babble. Please take a second to vote for me. Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment